Friday, April 19, 2019

Blog stage 6: #axthepinktax

   The blog post by Rayroo about the Pink tax was definitely something that needs to be talked about more so we can see more changes be done. Why do the prices on feminine products have to be under "luxury" products, as far as I know, there is nothing luxurious about it. Paying more for things just because of the color or who is going to use it is ridiculous. I also put in my date of birth to see how much pink tax I have paid, $42,897. Women already get paid less so why do we have to get charged more too. 

   These organizations and movements are a great way to make the government listen. The #MeToo movement has already made some great impact that has helped shine light on gender equality. Knowing that there are so many people, not just women but men too that stand by this and fight so we can see change. This gives me a piece of mind for my daughters future.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment