Thursday, May 16, 2019

Blog #8: Commentary on Abortion

In Dawson Waltons blog "Originally Commentary on Abortion" is a very controversial topic. I respect his opinion on this topic, but there are some points I disagree with, respectfully. When talking about teenage pregnancy, and mentioning that it causes more harm to the child might be a bit generalization. I know people that have had a child while being a teenager and people that have had a child well in their 30s and still not know what they are doing. I don't think that is a reason for abortion. Giving the teenagers prober sex education and teach them responsibility if they are being sexually active to try to avoid a pregnancy. If pregnancy does occur I don't think adoption is a bad choice. If thinking that being raised by a teenager is not fitting why would you think being raised by a couple that has been wanting a child would be a bad life?

I agree that women should not be taken the right to decide what to do with their body and their lives. But I do not think that the subject should be taken lightly. I do believe that life begins after conception and when you have experienced life growing inside you, you would not be able to fully understand it. I completely respect and understand that everyone's life and situations are different and that takes them in different avenues. But I do not think that we should view other people's opinion as a waste of time. We all have a right to our opinion and the freedom to express it and we all have to have an open mind and respect and listen to each other not put each other down for our views. 

No comments:

Post a Comment